Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Red Carpet Wish List


It's Emmy night!! And that means a night full of Red Carpet wonder! (who will wear what has always excited me more than who will win what - that's normal, right?) And with the show falling so soon after the Spring collections were presented at NYFW I might not have to wait very long to see my favorite gowns walk the carpet. 

I think we'll see lots of shimmer at this year's show - and a lot of gowns in classic black & white,  some in yellows and greens and a few dramatic reds. Here are (just a few of) my favorite gowns from the Spring 2012 runways - and the small screen stars who might rock the looks.

Simple, stunning, sophisticated. These gowns - by Ralph Lauren and Zac Posen evoke silhouettes of the 20's and 40's and images of classic Hollywood beauties. Who might rock this look?
The Office star Jenna Fischer and Glee's Diana Agron are perfect candidates for the high-glam style.

The emerald hue is not a newcomer to the runway or the Red Carpet, but Zac Posen (yes! more Posen!) gave us a few gorgeous interpretations of the shade, ranging from a deep green that recalls visions of the Emerald City to a soft, slightly minty, ethereal gown. Who might rock this look? 
I can see Glee star Jayma Mays in the deep emerald shade, and Mad Men's Elizabeth Moss would look heavenly in the lighter color.
 
I don't think anyone would argue the statement that there will be plenty of sequins and glitter on the carpet tonight. In fact - I probably could have done a whole post of just sequined gowns. Some how I managed to narrow it down to these 2 - by Jenny Packham and Naeem Khan -  that mix glitter and fiery red for a dramatic effect. Who might rock this look? 
Glee's Heather Morris would look stunning in the Jenny Packham number, while Christina Hendricks of Mad Men would seriously hit it our of the park in the Naeem Khan.

Of course, you can't have an awards show without a few ball gowns. So who brought major drama to the Spring Runways? No surprise here - Oscar de la Renta, Monique Lhuillier and Jason Wu showed a few of my favorite high-drama gowns. Who might rock the look?    
Lea Michelle has never been on to shy away from drama (or Oscar de la Renta for that matter) I can definitely see her showing up tonight in an ODLR ball gown tonight. And Modern Family's Julie Bowen would look amazing in the Lhuillier (although, I've heard rumors that she's wearing ODLR! Classic drama either way...)
And OKOK, I know January Jones had a baby like 3 days ago and probably won't be walking the carpet - but how good would she look in this Jason Wu? (I'd leave an infant at home for a chance to wear it! Maybe that just proves I'm not ready to be a mother...)

What do you want to see on the Red Carpet tonight? 

xoxCrissie


Related Posts with Thumbnails